Hi guys, just wanted to share with you all my favorite banana bread recipe ever! This is my adapted version of a recipe I found on the internet. It is absolutely delicious and the best part of it is that it is incredibly healthy. It does not require any eggs, milk or wheat flour which just makes it super easy! I guarantee it will turn out super moist and just perfectly sweet. This recipe is perfect for breakfast and dessert.
- 2 cups of oat flour
- 3 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon of demerara sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (I extract it directly from the vanilla bean)
- vegan chocolate chips ( If you don’t mind it not being vegan, I usually just break down a 70% chocolate bar into small pieces)
- walnuts/almonds/coconut as desired
- 3 tablespoons of oats or oat flour (to sprinkle)
- 1 tablespoon of cinammon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F/ 180 degrees C and spray your loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Place the oat flour in a bowl and whisk in the baking powder, baking soda and the salt.
- In a separate larger bowl beat the mashed bananas with the sugar, coconut oil and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add in the dry mixture and mix until all is blended.
- Fold in the chocolate chips + the walnuts if you wish .
- Place batter into loaf pan. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of brown sugar + 1 tablespoon of cinammon + 1 tablespoon of oats/oat flour. Add more nuts on top if you wish.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Wait 10 minutes before eating.
- You’re welcome. Enjoy.
Author: Pamella Dutra